When you learned how to drive, you didn't instinctively know how to do it, so you hired someone who did to teach you. Reaching out to someone who is as passionate about your fitness goals as you are, and knows how to get you there will save you time, money and energy rather than trying to figure it out for yourself. There are many reasons to work with a Personal Trainer but here are my top 5:
1. You will have first-hand access to a wealth of diet and exercise knowledge and experience from a trained fitness professional that will be tailored towards your specific fitness and weight loss goals. No more guess-work from videos on the internet!
2. If you've ever tried a new exercise for the first time, you'll know that it can feel a bit strange and you might not feel confident that you're doing it with proper form (which can be dangerous and result in injury). A PT is there to make sure you can perform an exercise correctly and safely.
3. Support, encouragement and motivation. Your fitness journey can feel lonely at times, but having someone there who is as excited to see you progress and succeed as you gives you the boost you need to keep going.
4. You may not be aware of your true capabilities and how far you can or should be pushing yourself to achieve results. A good PT will give you the confidence to safely venture outside of your comfort zone to realise your full potential.
5. Accountability. Going it alone will often result in you talking yourself out of exercising, or relaxing your new-found nutrition habits. Having a personal trainer by your side who will hold you accountable, call you out on your excuses to ensure you keep doing what you say you wanted to do will ensure you reach goal, after goal, after goal.
If this post resonates with you or you know someone who would benefit from reading it, feel free to share it them.